Monday, December 14, 2009
Friday, August 22, 2008
There are various types of Pilates workouts that are available to you, thus it is important to understand about each different type, so that you can study the components of each. Either you want to take up Pilates as a hobby or a career choice, the following article helps you decide on which exercise is truly suitable for you.
1) Powerhouse Pilates
Powerhouse Pilates is a form of exercise that provides that of a fitness approach to that of the Pilates education overall. It was founded by Marci Clark and Christine Romani-Ruby in order to make Pilates education easily available for fitness professionals.
2) Peak Pilates
Peak Pilates is one of many forms of Pilates which uses a truly and entirely different approach that teaches you how to teach and not just what to teach. Peak Pilates certification programs concentrate on that of professional development and a deep understanding of the integrated, systematic approach to Pilates overall.
This knowledge is important because it is what provides the solid foundation and the confidence; two things that are required in order to become a successful Pilates instructor.
Moreover, the Peak Pilates certification programs offer that of a modular educational pathway which allows you to learn and teach at your own pace while simultaneously matching your own personal education level to the level of Peak Pilates that you wish to teach. It is compulsory for every single Pilates student, regardless of their specific fitness level or movement experience, begins by learning the introductory system.
3) Stott Pilates
Stott Pilates is one which concentrates on that of breath, core conditioning, and body awareness. Moreover, Stott Pilates exercise provides a safe and highly effective way to stretch, which is a very important part of the Pilates routines altogether. Stott Pilates is also great as it strengthens and streamlines your body without adding unwanted bulk and without putting any more pressure on your joints.
Stott Pilates is performed on a mat and uses specialized equipment. It is considered as being one of the few fitness regimes that can last you for a lifetime. In addition, it is also thought of as being the perfect compliment to that of cardiovascular exercise, sport and rehab.
4) Power Pilates
Power Pilates are exercises on almost the same lines as yoga, however with a big difference - the fitness in yoga comes from the mind first, hence the deep meditation, etc. The Power Pilates imparts a series exercises which are focused to build muscles and overall the fitness of body and mind.
There are many programs which offer a number of Power Pilates at different levels of interest. The Power Pilates is a series of exercises that a person has to take on for about 12-36 hours per week. The Power Pilates moves will almost always require backup by some form of equipment. These equipments are used for different muscle stretching exercises.
The Power Pilates exercises are a great way to stay fit. Yoga is the only other method for accomplishing the same level of fitness of the mind and body. Power Pilates is not too costly to learn, or too labor intensive as yoga yet it is highly effective. While with yoga you will need to be extremely supple, with the Power Pilates you require only to have the will to learn and do it.
5) Yoga Pilates
There are several different yoga Pilates workouts that involve exercises that have their foundation in yoga along with Pilates as they focus on flexibility and core strength. An exerciser can do these yoga Pilates exercises at a restful pace by breathing slowly and deeply throughout the workout. Yoga Pilates exercises can also be adjusted to fit different fitness levels and flexibility. However one should also consult the doctor before starting any of these exercise programs.
There are definite yoga Pilates guidelines that should help exercisers which include yoga postures that should not be performed on a full stomach. One should wear comfortable clothing to enable freedom of movement and not exercising when feeling weak or shaky.
One should build up strength steadily while staying within personal limitations. One should extend their boundaries of limitations gently while staying focused throughout the workout on one's breathing that is inhaling and exhaling fully and completely, through the nose.
Because yoga Pilates classes is mushrooming everywhere, there may be a limited number of qualified instructors available. Having a qualified instructor is important as it guarantees that the participant takes the right yoga Pilates exercises. In the case of Pilates, it is dangerous to do moves that are beyond one's capabilities.
6) Pilates and Pregnancy
Pilates is thought of to be one of the best ways a pregnant woman can use to prepare herself for the birth of her baby. Furthermore, by practicing Pilates can help her along the stages of her actual pregnancy. The dynamic moves of Pilates actually challenge the woman by building her muscle endurance, and at the same time helping her to gain better balance.
Pilates and pregnancy is a great match in this regards because with Pilates it is a mind and body incorporating method of exercise that strengthens the most important muscles - the ones that the woman will be using during the labor and delivery part of her pregnancy: the abdominals, pelvic muscles, and the back.
One of the best and most important parts about Pilates and pregnancy is that it is the most perfect groundwork for a woman's labor and delivery process. Pilates is also great during pregnancy because it helps the woman to limber her muscles thus making them supple, which will be a very helpful factor when the time comes to deliver the baby.
However, as with any other form of physical activity, the pregnant woman should consult her physician before starting Pilates, just to ensure that it will not do harm to herself or to the baby.
What Is Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is a condition of the uppermost part of the digestive system which specifically means the stomach and the esophagus. Acid reflux is the backward move or reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus. This reflux of acid brings out a burning sensation due to the stomach acid flowing into the esophagus. If not treated this illness may cause ulceration of the esophagus lining.
The Don'ts In Treating Acid Reflux The Natural Way
1) Do not overeat. There is an advice to stop eating once you satisfy your hunger pangs.
2) Do not smoke. Smoking is proven to cause and/or irritate already present acid reflux. This means that smoking is a double threat for people venerable to acid reflux disease. Usage of tobacco products are known to cause more serious illnesses such as cancer.
3) Do not eat the wrong sort of foods. Some of these foods include
i) carbonated beverages
ii) undue amounts of caffeine and acidic foods
iii) Spicy foods. Even foods which don't taste spicy can play a big role in creating acid reflux, so know what's in your food and stay away from food with spices is one way to naturally cure acid reflux.
Often people choose the natural method of treatment due to the possibility of side affects being produced through the use of unnatural medicines. Moreover, often when a medication creates an effect on one part of the body an outcome is experienced by another part of the body.
The Dos In Treating Acid Reflux The Natural Way
The Treatment Methods
1) One herb that may help as an acid reflux remedy is wormwood. Wormwood may be effective in stimulating and strengthening the entire digestive process. It performs this task by balancing the secretion of digestive juices. In addition, wormwood has been shown to have anti-parasitic qualities and helps to lessen inflammation.
2) Another herb that may help as an acid reflux remedy is garlic. The function of garlic is to destroy the bacteria that cause inflammation of the stomach. The bacteria known as H. pylori, is the only bacteria that are not affected by the acid found in the stomach.
3) Add ginger to your meals. Ginger has been known to have some healing qualities, and acid reflux sufferers can try adding ginger to some of their food and beverages. Fresh ginger is obtainable in the grocery stores, and this can be ground up and added to meals. Ginger can also taste great with tea. There are some cuisines that consist of ginger in many dishes such as Chinese cuisine.
4) Drink green tea. People with acid reflux should try to add green tea to their list of foods to cure acid reflux as it is known to help the body digest other food and beverages. In addition, herbal teas have substances such as chamomile and licorice root which provide a repair mechanism for the stomach so those with acid reflux should take these teas if possible.
5) Drink plenty of water. People with acid reflux should try to drink plenty of water which will help the body expel the excess acid more efficiently.
6) Eat bread, rice and potatoes. These foods are good for absorbing acidic fluids in your stomach. This method doesn't mean that you over eat carbs, but by eating even one piece of bread, a half cup of rice or half a potato during a full meal, you can considerably reduce the occurrences of acid reflux.
7) Do limit your ibuprofen. This kind of medication can really wear down your stomach causing acid reflux so bad that it keeps you awake at night. Try a different way of curing headaches or body pain to see if the medication you usually take is worsening your acid reflux problem.
8) Elevate the head when sleeping. When the upper body is slightly raised, the acid in the stomach tends to stay where it belongs. There are some beds that are designed to raise the head which will aid those with acid reflux. One method to solve for acid reflux includes placing blocks under one end of the bed to elevate the upper body of the person with acid reflux.
Some of these home remedies for acid reflux will work for some people but not so well for others. However, people who suffer from acid reflux should study these home remedies for acid reflux to gain natural benefits.